What can you believe are natural, pet safe fertilizers? Make sure there are no pesticides and no herbicides, check below for the list. Read between the lines on chemical lawn fertilizers. Take time to find the fertilizers and lime that are safe for your dogs, cats, the wildlife, your children and grandchildren. Check out the fertilizer ‘material safety data sheets.’ When you follow the guidelines on this page, you can create a pet-friendly yard.
In pet safe lawn fertilizers, the safe ingredients are natural ingredients.
People most often wonder about lawn fertilizer and dogs, the dogs get into everything, right. Then consider children crawling, rolling and tackling one another on the grass. Cats staunchly sitting on the grass. Squirrels burying acorns. Birds hopping across the yard. Your vegetable garden nearby. Now, pet friendly lawn fertilizer is more than the family dog walking on a newly fertilized yard. Pet people and parents seeking pet safe lawn fertilizer do well to check our lists for how to know a safe fertilizer. And to know that what is in AgGrand All Natural Biobased and 100% Organic Liquid Fertilizers is all natural.
If there are pets, you need lawn fertilizers with no herbicides and no pesticides
Just make certain the allegedly safe lawn fertilizer you choose does not include a herbicide or pesticide. The combination lawn fertilizers are growing with the addition of herbicides and pesticides so your lawn care can be completed in one rush around the yard. Here is what you need to know: There are thirty (30) commonly used lawn pesticides and 17 are detected in groundwater, 23 can leach into drinking water sources. These are the issues from those same 30 chemicals…..
- 24 are toxic to fish,
- 24 are toxic to vital aquatic organisms in our ecosystem,
- 11 are toxic to bees,
- 16 are toxic to birds
- 19 are possible carcinogens,
- 13 have been linked to birth defects,
- 21 have been linked to reproductive defects,
- 26 have been linked to liver or kidney damage,
- 15 have been linked to neurotoxicity, and
- 11 have been linked to a disruption of the endocrine (hormonal) system.
Below are lists you will need in making your decision on what is really a pet friendly lawn fertilizer.
- Reading between the lines on warnings from chemical lawn fertilizers. Several hints it is not so safe after all, when they claim otherwise.
- Claims for “Pet Safe Lawn Fertilizer” though they include inert ingredients which are chemicals we think it is best to avoid. Learn about carbon tetrachloride, chloroform, chloroethane, highly toxic 2,4D and disulfoton, and more below.
- What the UN- safe for pets lawn fertilizers will do to your pets, your children, your wildlife and your family’s vegetable garden.
- A list of the AGGRAND Natural and Organic Fertilizers that have only truly natural, liquified ingredients.
How many times have we read of a dog’s paws being burned by the chemical pellets on a lawn, around a golf course or a lake? Pet safe lawn fertilizer does not burn. What you are looking for is a nontoxic, dog friendly garden and lawn that you can trust is so. Meaning AGGRAND 4-3-3 organic or biobased plus kelp seaweed with potash and bonemeal. The liquid lime is a soil conditioner that you will benefit from too.
PET SAFE LAWN FERTILIZER EASY ORDERS
AGGRAND LIQUID FERTILIZERS HERE:::: The pet safe lawn fertilizer we use is AGGRAND for lawn, garden, flowers…. a fertilizer selection with all natural, biobased and organic ingredients. AGGRAND is also in an easy spray application that doesn’t leave pellets all over the lawn to burn grass or pet’s paws or to be eaten by a curious or bored dog or played with by kittens. Or collected by children for who knows what would entertain them? What you want is a very child and pet friendly yard.
INGREDIENTS IN PET SAFE LAWN FERTILIZER::::: With AGGRAND pet friendly lawn fertilizers, you can choose the base for your lawn’s nutrition. Either 4-3-3 certified organic lawn fertilizer or USDA biobased 4-3-3. When seeding, you can apply some liquid lime for soil conditioning with calcium. So far these are the pet friendly fertilizer ingredients you would have acquired::: fish emulsion, seaweed extract, diluted liquid bloodmeal, liquid suspended super-finely ground calcitic lime. At the bottom of the page, all the products, ingredients and MSDS are listed. Email or call with garden application questions. We will pdf to you AGGRAND Application guides and mail data bulletins. If you would like the Material Safety Data Sheet, the pdf links are on each source we provide to AGGRAND products or below in our own list.
ABOUT PET SAFETY – Read between the lines in warnings from chemical lawn fertilizers.
- Where not to use ::: Do not apply the chemical lawn fertilizer near water resources such as ponds and lakes or near storm drains and draining ditches which are off the curb in your front yard and back by the alley way. While this is standard issue for all manufactured products, if there are hazard ratios for the health and physical hazards, then the product can do some real damage.
- Again, we find it time after time, the water resource warning that is very real. IS THIS LAWN FERTILIZER SAFE FOR ALL PETS ::: When used as directed, yes (in this case meaning apply granules and water immediately so they dissolve). (Note too, that AGGRAND fertilizers are all natural and liquid, unlike this product that claims to be safe for pets and is not at all times.)
- However small the letters, when the package states ::: this lawn fertilizer may be toxic to aquatic life. This lawn fertilizer should not be used in or near ponds or streams. Also not safe for consumption by pets or children.
- When the manufacturer states online that this is not the product label but after you order their product that is supposedly pet safe, you must always read and follow the product label before use.
- The label states safe when dry :::: but the MSDS reveals all kinds of toxic vapors that can be inhaled when dry.
- Medical conditions that may be aggravated ::: Inhalation of the dust (nuisance dust) may aggravate asthma.
- Where else not to use this product ::: Lawn fertilizer is not recommended for use on your flowers, ornamental bushes or mulch. Also do not use on or around edible plants and produce.
- Disposal methods outlined ::: If empty do not reuse contain. This is pretty much a given in fertilizer cases, as with ‘keep out of reach of children’ but….. when you are instructed to call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. And instructed to never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain…. these are hints it is not all that safe around your pets and children.
- If the same company is manufacturing life endangering pesticides, think again ::: They might not have a clue what pet safe lawn fertilizer means to you.
- Hazardous material information. Give a zero for each of the health, flammability and physical hazards.
NEED MORE INFORMATION or a good article on wildlife-friendly, children-friendly and pet-friendly yards, then read on……
When not using pet safe lawn fertilizer, even inert ingredients create a toxic environment for your pet We all do try to find the best choices, but quite often when pet owners take the time to search for information on the brand name chemical lawn fertilizers that claim to be pet safe, this is what they find….
Claims for “Pet Safe Lawn Fertilizer” though they include inert ingredients which are chemicals we think it is best to avoid. Do you want to see why? And what these can do to your pets?
- Carbon tetrachloride, chloroform, chloroethane. These chemical ingredients in fertilizers are each carcinogens.
- Also important to avoid is the highly toxic 2,4D or 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid. This is in some brands that combine fertilizers with herbicides. The National Cancer Institute study in 1991 found rates of lymphoma twice as high in dogs whose owners used preparations that contained 2,4-D on their lawns compared to the dogs whose owners did not use chemicals at all.
- In rose and plant fertilizers is highly toxic disulfoton. As little as one teaspoon of one percent disulfoton can kill a 55 lb. dog.
- Cocoa bean mulch has a chocolate aroma and some dogs will eat it when fresh, resulting in chocolate poisoning or methylxanthine toxicosis.
- Dry bonemeal can be eaten and cause a blockage and severe pancreatitis.
- Bloodmeal could cause diarrhea and vomiting.
- If any fertilizer is fortified with iron, this can cause iron poisoning.
- Powdered lime for lawns can burn your pet’s paws.
- Organophosphates could result in severe physical issues of extreme salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, seizures, difficulty breathing, hyperthermia, even death.
- The Emergency Animal Center instructs that non-herbicidal fertilizers and fertilizer pellets can cause skin irritation and illness to certain species of birds, including pet parrots which are often allowed in yard cages.
- Herbicidal and pesticidal fertilizers include chemicals that can be harmful to all animals and should not be used in areas where wildlife and pets might be at risk. In herbicide and pesticide, ‘cide’ means ‘to kill’ and that says it all. The chemicals were created to kill pests. Most of the chemicals are broad-spectrum biocides, poisonous to living organisms like pets, wildlife, humans and garden plants. The inert ingredients of a pesticide/herbicide – lawn fertilizer formula may be more toxic than active ingredients, as seen above. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (E.P.A.) now allows some officially banned pesticides like D.D.T. to be reclassified as inert ingredients and these are being allowed in pesticide/herbicide lawn fertilizer formulas.
- While not all about fertilizer, lawn fertilizer with herbicidal and pesticidal chemicals was included in a study by the Pesticide Management Education Program (PMEP) at Cornell University. The study reveals 223 chemicals have home lawn uses with 35 active ingredients in greater than 90% of lawn treatments, including pre-emergence crabgrass treatments, broad leaf weed controls, and fungicide treatments. These chemicals are often potential carcinogens, also they can cause reproductive and neurological problems, organ damage, endocrine and immune system dysfunctions.
- Again, since many pet owners do not realize that the fertilizers they have chosen may include herbicides and pesticides. They just want a gorgeous lawn, not thinking more fully about the ingredients being a pet safe lawn fertilizer. Poisonings with the chemicals in these types of lawn fertilizers can cause symptoms in people and pets and wild animals.These can mimic the flu or allergies. They can cause breathing issues, sore nose, tongue, throat, headaches, fever, burning ears and skin, a skin rash, excessive sweating, excessive salivation, tightness of chest, asthma-like symptoms, coughing, muscle pain, seizures, headaches, eye pain, blurred vision, dim vision, numbness in hands and feet, tingling in hands and feet, nausea, vomiting, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, cramps, diarrhea, tissue swelling, anxiety, suicidal depression, irritability, angry outbursts, disturbed sleep, short and longterm learning disabilities, fatigue, dizziness, stroke, death. Long term exposure issues include: lower male fertility, miscarriage, birth defects, chemical sensitivity, immune suppression, cataracts, liver dysfunction, kidney dysfunction, heart disturbances, cancer. Herbicide poisonings will often mimic other diseases, thus being difficult for a veterinarian to establish link from chemical exposure to a seemingly unfounded illness. Though blood chemistry tests might make make the link, these are a high price and seldom ordered. Doctors are also not given the information on chemical (herbicide and pesticide poisonings) they need for a diagnosis, this needing to come from the chemical companies.
- Antifreeze is used in swimming pools in early autumn, used in lawn equipment and in the garage…….. something that is out there in the yard when your family is distracted. Just adding here where people care…. that there are other alternatives, such as AMSOIL’s new propylene glycol low toxicity biodegradable antifreeze which is tasteless so less compelling to pets and much much less toxicity, versus the lethal toxicity of regular antifreeze. And works better than conventional ethylene glycol antifreeze.
As you see, when considering pet friendly lawns and gardens, there are more than the fertilizers to change.
Order real pet friendly lawn fertilizer for the same prices we pay as dealers. A trial membership or annual membership to choose from, dealing you wholesale prices instead of retail. For only $10 or $20 to start, you are a preferred member – what we call in the membership buying club for AgGrand fertilizers, AMSOIL synthetic oils, lubricants and antifreeze, and Altrum supplements and vitamins – all the same corporation of winning products since 1972. We invite you to work with us, we are here to answer questions, help you sort out your application issues and get oriented with the company and websites throughout all the products you might need. Bruce and Diane Adams, Independent AgGrand Distributors for USA and Canada. Fourteen distribution centers across North America which keeps your UPS shipping costs down.
AGGRAND Natural and Organic Fertilizers have only truly natural, liquified ingredients. You don’t need chemicals to get that lawn.
- Kelp or seaweed,
- fish emulsion,
- liquid bonemeal,
- organic calcitic limestone,
- bloodmeal integrated with other liquid ingredients
- rock phosphate
- sulfate of potash
- oil of wintergreen for scent.
Between all five products offered by AGGRAND, as both a pet safe lawn fertilizer, and including a safe wildlife food plot fertilizer, you will find no other ingredients in any AGGRAND product except a combination of these. How safe are these natural fertilizer ingredients for pets? Short of horse manure, cannot find much safer.
AGGRAND is like a buyer’s club, but you don’t have to join to order. See the right menu, PCs SAVE…. see how you could choose to pay wholesale prices which are the same prices we do as dealers this way. You will most likely regain the membership fee in your first order.
Your first order # would be 1755968R, then you will receive your own number.
We appreciate that you are shopping here. Please, call us with questions on which pet safe lawn fertilizers you need to begin your lawn transition.
You can order a soil analysis here…..
Bruce and Diane Adams, Certified AGGRAND Dealers, ZO#1755968R
Southeast Great Lakes Region but serving customers across the Nation and Canada.
Fertilizers safe for children and pets, wildlife and water sources.
The full list of AGGRAND LIQUID FERTILIZERS and what they are used for and the ingredients included in each one. No pellets found here.
AGGRAND Fertilizer Organic Series 4-3-3 is a pet friendly lawn fertilizer. Certified Organic Series is a multipurpose liquid concentrate that promotes vigorous growth, increases root development and improves stress and disease tolerance in vegetables, fruits, nut trees, field crops, lawns and even houseplants. INGREDIENTS: Menhaden fish emulsion, seaweed kelp extract, rock phosphate provides a natural source of phosphorus, calcium, manganese and iron….. Sulfate of potash an extremely fine-grade natural mineral derived from the Great Salt Lake, increases potassium levels….. Wintergreen oil improves the scent of AGGRAND Fertilizer. Organic Series 4-3-3 MSDS
AGGRAND Natural Fertilizer 4-3-3 is a lawn fertilizer that is safe for children and pets. Natural Fertilizer 4-3-3 is USDA Biobased…. a multipurpose liquid concentrate formulated to promote vigorous growth, increased root development and improved stress and disease tolerance on flowers, vegetables, fruits, lawns, shrubs, trees, field crops and houseplants. In addition to stimulating microbial activity in the soil, it provides nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) in a ratio of 4-3-3. INGREDIENTS: Fish emulsion, seaweed kelp extract, rock phosphate, bloodmeal which boosts availability of nitrogen in slow-release form to provide this vital nutrient as the plant requires it, sulfate of potash, wintergreen oil. All Natural Fertilizer 4-3-3 MSDS
AGGRAND Organic Natural Kelp and Sulfate of Potash 0-0-8 for all lawns and is safe for pets, children and wildlife. A liquid concentrated formula containing 8 percent readily available potash recommended for use on lawns, turf, all types of crops and plants. AGGRAND Kelp Seaweed contains fulvic and humic acids to release nutrients from the soil, act as chelating agents, aid in foliar and root uptake and stimulate soil microbial activity. As the microbes multiply, they break down organic matter into humus and further nourish the soil as they die. These nutrients are slowly and steadily released and gradually become available to the growing plant or crop. INGREDIENTS: Natural Kelp, sulfate of potash, 2 percent sulfur which is called “the fourth major nutrient,” and must be present for plants to realize the benefits of nitrogen and potassium, and natural wintergreen oil to improve scent. Organic Kelp MSDS
AGGRAND Natural Liquid Lime is a pet friendly fertilizer for lawns, pastures, fields. Safe, easy, effective alternative to bagged lime for use on permanent ground covers such as turf, pastures and hay fields. INGREDIENTS: Finely ground limestone in a liquid suspension that can be absorbed by leaves and roots. Supplies additional calcium to crops such as tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage and lettuce that need copious amounts of this vital nutrient, so can be used with AGGRAND Fertilizers. AGGRAND Lime is a soil conditioner, increasing soil microbial activity and the proliferation of earthworms and beneficial insects. Optimum soil health depends on a proper annual fertilizing plan. AGGRAND Natural Liquid Lime can help immediately produce green lawns, productive pastures and hay fields by delivering the calcium needed to promote superior plant growth. Pet safe, horse safe, cattle safe. Lawn, pasture, hayfield safe and effective. Liquid Lime MSDS
AGGRAND Natural Liquid Bonemeal 0-12-0 is a liquid fertilizer that is more pet friendly than dry bonemeal. A concentrated liquid formula with readily available phosphorus. Recommended for application during transplanting of vegetable and flower starts, and planting of bulbs and seeds. Promotes root development for faster-growing, healthier plants. With AGGRAND Natural Liquid Bonemeal, carrots and potatoes increase in size and root/tuber quality, while bulbs produce more and bigger flowers. Many standard bonemeal preparations are powder form, and unlike AGGRAND liquid, those dry bonemeal applications are not dog friendly fertilizers because they can be eaten and cause a blockage since they will not digest well. Of course, the liquid bonemeal should not be eaten either, read the MSDS. Now, for plants bonemeal powders can take years to break down, confining the phosphorus in the soil in an unavailable form. INGREDIENTS: Bone phosphate that is ground more finely than that used in competing fertilizers, providing fast- and slow-release phosphorus. Organic per the MSDS. Liquid Bonemeal MSDS
end page for Pet Safe Lawn Fertilizer….
Like-minded people wanting children and pet safe lawn fertilizer use. Entire towns banning chemical fertilizers and pesticides to keep their families safe. link to calendar